Special Events/Permit Applications

Permits are required for various events conducted in the city of Henderson. The permitting process was created to ensure the Police Department is aware of various events occurring in the city, and provide ample opportunity to assess the impact of such events on public safety. The permitting process has been revised to make it easier for applicants to obtain information and apply for the required permits.

The City of Henderson Police Department Filming Permit was created in order to allow and assist filming of motion pictures, television productions and commercials in the City, while protecting the safety, property and convenience of the City's residents, businesses and visitors. The process is easy and we are here to assist in ensuring the filming project is completed and the public is protected.

The Special Events and Permitting Section of the Henderson Police Department can be reached by calling (702) 267-5015.

Below are the applications packets for the various permits and requests.  Applications can be completed and submitted online or mailed to PO Box 95050, Henderson, NV 89009-5050. You may also start your permit request by clicking on the Contact Henderson link. Please contact the event coordinators office with any questions.

Special Events/Permit Applications frequently asked questions:

Q: How do I apply to have a parade that our school wants to sponsor?

A: A Parade/Public Assembly Application must be submitted to the police department along with proof of insurance and barricade plans. There is a non-refundable $125.00 application fee due with the completed packet.


Q: How do I get additional information on obtaining barricade permits and plans?

A: You can call or download information from the City of Henderson Public Works Department.


Q: I want to have a block party in my neighborhood, do I need a permit?

A: Yes, you must submit your request at least 30 days prior to your block party. Your neighbors must also approve of the party and specific documentation must be provided. The block party application must be filled out and returned to the Police Department.


Q: I made a park reservation through Parks & Recreation for a large party. Do I need any other permits from the police department?

A: Depends on the size of the party/function. A group of people in a city park in excess of 150 (participants and spectators) constitutes a public assembly and a permit must be obtained.


Q: We are having a large event that will involve joggers and bicyclist on the roadways in a race, do we need a permit?

A: Yes, you must complete a Special Events Application Packet and attach other required documents that are specified in the packet. There is a non-refundable $125.00 application fee due with the completed packet.


Q: My production company is going to be taking photographs and video in the city for a prominent magazine. Do we have to obtain any special permits for this?

A: Yes a filming permit must be obtained and approved for public filming events. The completed packet must include not only proof of insurance, but a barricade and pyrotechnics plan if applicable.  If you are filming in other Nevada locations you should contact the Nevada Film Office for additional information.


Q: Our event is going to require police officers for security and traffic control. How do I contract with the police department to provide them?

A: A Police Contract Labor Agreement must be completed. The contract outlines the costs and requirements.


Q: I am a licensed charitable organization, do I still need a permit for sidewalk and median solicitations?

A: Yes, a Median/Sidewalk Charitable Solicitations Permit must be completed.


Q: I started my permit application through Contact Henderson, can I submit my application packet as an electronic attachment as well?

A: No, at this time attachments are not permitted in Contact Henderson.  You can mail, fax, or email your application to the event coordinator's office.