We are accepting applications for Police Officer Now
We will be accepting applications for Corrections Officer between October 19 and November 2, 2020
Applicant screening, interviews, and physical testing will occur on an ongoing basis.
Working for the Henderson Police Department
The Henderson Police Department is a nationally accredited agency dedicated to providing unparalleled service to the community we represent. Come be a part of our vision: Strength in Unity, Character in Actions, Excellence in Service. If you have a commitment to help others, value a relationship with the community, and want to make a difference, now is the time to join HPD.
Minimum Requirements for Police Officer and Corrections Officer
- Must possess a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license. Upon hire, possess a Nevada or "border state" driver license under conditions defined by Nevada Revised Statute 483.035
- Must be a U.S. citizen by the time of application
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
- Must have no convictions for offenses greater than a misdemeanor. Must have no convictions for offenses of domestic violence.
- Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/40 in one eye and 20/30 in both eyes.
- Hearing must be 30 decibels or less for each ear
- Must successfully complete the Henderson Police Department Academy within the time frame prescribed by the department
NV P.O.S.T. minimum requirements per N.A.C. 289.110 can be found here.
For more information about joining the Henderson Police Department, contact us at JoinHPD@cityofhenderson.com or 702-267-4530. The Henderson Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Henderson Police Department Recruitment & Backgrounds Unit
223 Lead St. / P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009