Serving our Community - Be the Difference!
We are accepting applications for Police Officer and Corrections Officer!
Applicant screening, interviews, and physical testing will occur on an ongoing basis.
Working for the Henderson Police Department
The Henderson Police Department is a nationally accredited agency dedicated to providing unparalleled service to the community we represent. HPD is one of the most technologically advanced agencies in the country and is nationally accredited through C.A.L.E.A. Join the HPD team and be a part of our vision: Strength in Unity, Character in Actions, Excellence in Service.
The Henderson Police Department has 390 police officer positions, 90 correction officers and more than 180 civilian staff members. If you have the commitment to help others and serve your community and want to have a career that makes a difference, now is your opportunity to join one of the finest police departments in the nation. This section of our website is devoted to providing you with information you'll need to know about becoming a police officer for the Henderson Police Department.
Minimum Requirements for Police Officer and Corrections Officer
- Must possess a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license. Upon hire, possess a Nevada or "border state" driver license under conditions defined by Nevada Revised Statute 483.035
- Must be a U.S. citizen by the time of application
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
- Must have no convictions for offenses greater than a misdemeanor. Must have no convictions for offenses of domestic violence.
- Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/40 in one eye and 20/30 in both eyes.
- Hearing must be 30 decibels or less for each ear
- Must successfully complete the Henderson Police Department Academy within the time frame prescribed by the department
NV P.O.S.T. minimum requirements per N.A.C. 289.110 can be found here.
Tiered Starting Pay Incentives for Education and Experience:
Step 1 - High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Step 2 - Associate Degree or 60 completed credit hours from an accredited university or college, OR 4 years military service (honorable), OR Nevada POST Category I or III Peace Officer Certificate, OR 4 years full time sworn Law Enforcement experience
Step 3 - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
Police: Step 1- $26.23/hour; Step 2- $27.55/hour; Step 3- $28.92/hour
Corrections: Step 1- $25.60/hour; Step 2- $26.88/hour; Step 3- $28.23/hour
Fitness Prep With a Recruiter!
If you have a desire to become a Henderson Police Officer or Corrections Officer, come and workout with officers and recruiters from HPD! We run participants through workouts to help be prepared for the Physical Fitness Test used in the selection and hiring process.
Event Information: PRACTICE NV P.O.S.T. PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST
When: Saturday, October 5th, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
Where: Foothill High School (track and football field), 800 College Drive, Henderson, NV
MAKE SURE TO HYDRATE PRIOR TO THE WORKOUT AND BRING WATER!
More complete information can be found here.
For more information about joining the Henderson Police Department, contact us at JoinHPD@cityofhenderson.com or 702-267-4530. The Henderson Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Henderson Police Department Recruitment & Backgrounds Unit
223 Lead St. / P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009