The City of Henderson proudly honors the brave men and women currently serving in the United States Armed Forces through its Military Recognition Banner Program. Street banners bearing the name, rank and image of an active military serviceperson will be displayed prior to the City of Henderson's Veterans Day Ceremony in November along portions of Green Valley Parkway and in the Water Street District for approximately one year.
Henderson residents, businesses or organizations may nominate an honoree and sponsor their street banner for $150 (includes printing and installation). The honoree must be a Henderson resident or the immediate family member of a Henderson resident, and must be an active duty member in good standing. There is a limit of one banner per serviceperson. If you are interested in participating, please refer to the program's fillable form for additional information.
For additional information about this program, please email Marketing@cityofhenderson.com.
Full color, portrait-style photograph of honoree:
- Formal military dress uniform only
- Full color 5" x 7" photograph minimum, (returned upon request after banner installation), or
- Full color digital image in jpeg format, minimum 300 dpi, provided via email, disc or USB drive.
Application Due Dates
- September 1 for 2020 Veterans Day Ceremony (deadline for acceptable photo or graphic file)
- Applications received after September 11 are placed on the list for 2021
View banner and family photos from previous years Veterans Day ceremonies: 2014, 2013.