Youth Sports Frequently Asked Questions
- I am carpooling with my next door neighbor. I work nights and will not be able to take my child to practices. Can we be placed together?
The league does not honor special requests of any nature. We are dedicated to the player rating system and making the teams as competitive and balanced as possible.
- I do not like my child's coach, and he practices on a day that we are not available. Can my child switch teams?
No. Once teams are made, we don't make any changes to rosters unless we are adding players from the waiting list. Prior to the first game, we will offer a refund minus a $5 service charge if you choose not to continue.
- It is week four and my child doesn't want to play any longer. Can I get a refund?
Once games begin, no refunds will be issued.
- Why are uniforms given out so late?
The bulk uniform order is placed following the last day of player ratings. Since games generally start within four weeks of player ratings, vendors usually will not have the uniforms ready until a few days prior to the first game. Rest assured that as soon as the league receives the uniforms it is our first priority to get them ready for pickup.
- Why are schedules handed out so late?
Schedules cannot be made until after teams are established (the week following player ratings) and coaches have met with their teams to pick their team name (usually two weeks after player ratings). Sometimes a team does not have a coach right away, so this further delays the process. This means schedules cannot be created until approximately two weeks prior to the first game.
Please note that coaches are informed of game dates, locations, and approximate game times at the initial coaches meeting.
- Why can't we get the game schedules early even if the uniforms aren't in?
We hand out all league information (consisting of uniforms, schedules, and team pictures) at the same time. This eliminates multiple trips to our office by the coach, and confusion among staff as to which teams did/didn't receive information.
- When are cancellations made up?
Games cancelled due to weather or other reasons will be made up if and when/where feasible. This is dependent on availability of game officials, conflicts with other events, and availability of facilities.