Frequently Asked Questions for Adult Sports

  • Where do I sign up and what must I bring? 
    Visit the Sports office at Arroyo Grande Sports Complex, 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd. Full payment must be made at the time of registration. Registration can be made by phone for credit card payments only. No checks and/or spots will be held.
  • How is registration carried out?
    For each season, teams that are currently in the league can sign up the week before open registration. Open registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call the Sports office at 702-267-5717.
  • When do I get my roster, when is it due and where do I take it? 
    At the coaches’ meeting. If you do not have a roster on file with the Sports office before your first game, you will forfeit your games until one is turned in
  • Is there a document stating when all of the registration dates are and when seasons begin?
    Yes, you can call the Sports office and ask that the information be mailed to you, or you can stop by to pick one up.
  • Are City of Henderson facilities alcohol free?
    Yes. There is absolutely no alcohol allowed in any Henderson facilities and parks per Henderson Municipal Code No. 5, Sec. 1. Any person caught with alcohol in the park will be asked to leave. If softball players are caught with alcohol in their dugouts or on their person, their games will be immediately forfeited. After two infractions, the entire team will be removed from the league without refund.
  • Where can I view my current league standings on a weekly basis?
    Standings are available on the city's website and are usually updated by Tuesday of the following week. You may also view standings at the display case next to the men's restroom.
  • What bats are legal for softball league play?
    All bats must have the NSA 2012 stamp on the barrel of the bat. Any bat that does not have the NSA 2012 stamp is illegal. 
  • How much are umpire costs and can I pay with a check for the entire season?
    Umpire costs are $14 per team, per game. You must pay in cash, on the field, prior to each game.
  • If my team can't make it to a game, what do I do?
    Call the Sports office 24 hours in advance if you won't be able to make it. If you do not call within 24 hours, your team is responsible for both teams' umpire's cost ($56) for that night's games. This money must be turned in to the Sports office prior to your next game or you will forfeit those games as well.