Picnic areas (with a few exceptions) are available to all citizens on a first-come, first-served basis unless the area has been reserved through our reservation system. Individuals or groups may pay to reserve a specific picnic area. All reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of the event. Henderson-based companies and residents may reserve picnic areas up to 180 days prior to the event. Those who wish to use the park are not required to pay for a reservation. However, should a party reserve that particular park area, those who have not paid for a reservation will have to relocate.
For the added safety of our patrons, the city offers an Automated External Defibrillator Loan Program for public use at gatherings and sporting events.
All City of Henderson parks are open to the general public on all federal holidays. No reservations are taken for the observed day.
To view available parks, download the parks map and matrix or look in Henderson Happenings.
Use of all City of Henderson parks and trails is subject to HMC 2.27
Municipal Code Chapter 2.27 - Parks and Recreation
Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 8.84 - Noise Control
For a complete list of rules and regulations or for an application for reservation, contact the City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department at 702-267-5707, 9am-5pm, Monday-Thursday and 9am-5pm on Friday. Or email COHParksReservations@cityofhenderson.com.
Picnic Area Reservation and Rate Schedule
Reservation office hours: 8am-11:30pm
Special events permit: Refer to picnic area reservation procedures.
Only patrons with a reservation may bring outside vendors (including inflatables) into park areas.
are available 9am-8pm, May 1-September 30, but may not be reserved.
Alcohol permits are $50 and will not be refunded after permit has been mailed.
Resident rates are listed. Non-residents add 15% and outside Clark County add 25%.
Please call 702-267-5707 for information on commercial rentals.
You can also reserve online by logging into your Henderson account
and selecting Park and Court Reservations
. From there you can check our calendar to see what areas are available and book a 2- hour rental. If you’re interested in having an event, be sure to contact Outdoor Recreation at COHParksReservations@cityofhenderson.com
to discuss park options and event details.
Small picnic area
Maximum 25 people
$10 per hour*
Medium picnic area
Maximum 75 people
$20 per hour*
|Rate per hour
|Small grassy area*
(1,000 sq. ft.)
|Medium grassy area*
(1,001-4,999 sq. ft.)
|Large grassy area*
(5,000+ sq. ft.)
|Cornerstone Park warming kitchen
|Whitney Mesa Recreation Area archery area
* Grass area can only be rented with a picnic area
|Rate per hour
|Whitney Mesa Recreation Area Armijo's Camp
||Per day, per person
|* 8-hour maximum between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight
Prohibited in the parks-- refer to HMC 2.27 for complete park rules
- Fires (permitted in park barbecues only)
- Fireworks and glass containers
- Overnight parking and camping
- Alcoholic beverages, except by special permit (see HMC 2.27 for complete details)
- Inflatables on grass areas May 1-October 1
- Horses, ponies or horseback riding except at Equestrian Park, other than as approved and documented support animals.
- Trucks, motor vehicles and bicycles on turf or other unauthorized areas
- Climbing on trees, structures or fences
- Staking of tents and other devices
- Only authorized motorized vehicles and electric personal assistive mobility devices are allowed at any time in any park, on any trail or non-designated motor vehicle areas.
- Jump houses, tents, etc; must be used in authorized areas only
- Live bands
An unmanned aircraft (an aircraft operated without the possibility of direct human intervention from within or on the aircraft) may only be operated in designated parks, as posted, during normal hours of operation. All unmanned aircraft must be operated in accordance with all applicable State of Nevada, city, and federal laws and regulations. For complete rules, see HMC 2.27.
Rules Specific to Cornerstone Park
- The water feature is not intended for recreational use.
The use of boats or canoes, including radio-controlled models in any water feature at Cornerstone Park are prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, kayaking, canoeing, fishing and other recreational uses.
- Dispensing, distributing or otherwise feeding any bird, fowl or other animal, or throwing or placing on the ground any bread, breadcrumbs, seed, bird food, popcorn or other food is strictly prohibited.
Automated External Defibrillator Loan Program
The city offers use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) at no cost for those reserving a city facility or park. An AED is a portable device that checks the heart rhythm and is used to treat sudden cardiac arrest. If needed, it can send an electric shock to the heart to try to restore a normal rhythm. Click to learn more about the program.