The City of Henderson uses social media to communicate matters of public interest. All official City of Henderson social media channels are limited public forums. We encourage you to submit comments that are on topic, but pleas address your comments to the specific topic(s) discussed. This is a forum limited to the specific topics identified and raised by the City. Users who submit Content to this City Social Media Site agree they have read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditioned by virtue of such use.:
1. I am submitting content voluntarily and on my own behalf.
2. The content I post reflects my own original thoughts or work.
3. I understand that the City/County has the right to re-post or share any Content, photos or videos that I submit on this or other City/County Social Media Sites.
4. I understand that any Content I provide may be considered a “public record” under state law.
5. I understand and agree that unless specifically identified as a resource for receiving requests for information under the state public information laws, City Social Media Sites are not proper vehicles for making requests for public information or public records under state law and any such requests must be made to the appropriate custodian of the records through Contact Henderson at www.cityofhenderson.com.
6. I understand and agree that my and others’ comments are subject archiving and that my comments and others’ comments are subject to removal in whole or in part from this site if my or their comments contain:
- Is off-subject or out of context
- Makes use of profanity
- Contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient of interests
- Contains any form of hate speech or is discriminatory on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, or gender identity
- Is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
- Depicts or encourages violence or other illegal activities
- Displays sensitive and personal identifying information (PII)
- Promotes commercial products/services
- Contains partisan political statements or promotes political campaigns or candidates
- Information that directly interferes or compromises ongoing investigations, public safety tactics, or the safety of public safety officers
- Links to any site or Content posted by automatic software programs (i.e. “bots”)
- Appear to violate the intellectual property right of the City or a third party under federal or state law
- Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
7. I also understand that the views and comments expressed on this site only reflect those of the comment’s author, and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the City, its elected and appointed Officers and Employees or its departments and agencies.
8. Waiver of Liability. Because various laws exist that create liability for various actions, including but without limitation defamation, invasion of privacy, false light, breach of contract, procurement violations, violations of due process among many potential areas of exposure for which the City accepts no responsibility based on the actions of others or for creating this Social Media Site, I, for myself, successors and assigns, release and hold harmless and agree to indemnify the City, including its Officers and Employees, from any and all actions, claims, liabilities and damages of whatever kind and nature arising out of or in connection with my use of the City Social Media Site/Account.