Firefighter Jobs with Henderson Fire Department
The Henderson Fire Department's vision is to be an integral and trusted member of the community that strives to exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of dedicated professionals, who will remain true to our values, focused on our organizational priorities, and resolute in knowing that people matter most.
Henderson Fire is planning to open a recruitment for Firefighter/Firefighter Trainee in early spring 2020. Complete a job interest card to be automatically notified when the recruitment begins.
Henderson Firefighter/Firefighter Trainee Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Prepare to Become a Henderson Firefighter
The HFD Way
Minimum Qualifications for Firefighter
- High school diploma or equivalent at the time of application
- At least 18 years of age by the date of the written examination
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Possess a current certificate as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or above at time of the Chief's Interview for Firefighter
- Possess or obtain one of the following certifications at the time of the final offer of employment
- Southern Nevada Health District EMT certification or above
- State of Nevada EMT certification or above
- National Registry Certification as an EMT or above
- Any Firefighter hired after July 1, 2014 must reside within Clark County, Nevada within one year of their date of hire.
The City of Henderson is an equal opportunity employer.
For the full job descriptions visit: Firefighter
or Firefighter Trainee
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range $53,277.95 - $91,131.04 annually ($18.296 - $31.295 hourly)
- 56-hour work week
- Paid health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid academy training
- Paid retirement
- Uniform allowance paid by the City
- Tuition reimbursement
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Written examination
- Oral board interview
- Selection interview
- Psychological examination
- Background investigation
- Medical/physical examination that includes drug and alcohol screening
- Must present a valid CPAT card/notice at time of selection interview. College of Southern Nevada offers the CPAT for a cost of $150. Learn more about the CPAT here
For more information about a career with the City of Henderson Fire Department, email HFDJobs@cityofhenderson.com
. The City of Henderson is an equal opportunity employer.