City of Henderson First-Time Homebuyer Program
Esta página se puede ver en español usando la función de traducción en la parte inferior de la página
The City of Henderson's First Time Homebuyer Program was designed to assist low-income families in the purchase of a home. The City of Henderson will assist with an interest-free deferred loan not to exceed 6% of the purchase price or $10,000, whichever is less, for down payment and closing costs. Additionally, the program will loan up to $35,000 for home repairs.
- Applicants must have lived or worked in Henderson for one (1) year prior to applying.
- Applicants must not have owned a home in the last three (3) years.
- A Homebuyer Education Program must be attended. HUD approved classes may be viewed at HUD - 8 Hour First-Time Buyer Class
- Applicant must make a minimum investment of $1,500 of their own funds toward the purchase of the home.
- Income must be at or below 80% of the annual median.
- Proposed properties must be within City of Henderson.
- No interest charges or monthly payments.
- Loan must be paid back.
First Time Homebuyer information may be viewed at fact sheet and income guidelines.
Participating lenders list may be viewed at Participating Lenders List for FTB
For more information please contact our office at 702-267-2000
Other available down payment assistance programs:
Home is Possible from the Nevada Housing Division
The State of Nevada's Home is Possible Down Payment Assistance Program is a grant program that helps make the dream of home ownership a reality for qualified Nevadans. Introduced in 2014, this program helps those who can afford a market rate mortgage, but whose savings fall short of the amount needed for entry costs.
- Fixed interest rate 30-year loan
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Grant is non-repayable
- Must be homebuyer's primary residence
- No asset limits for homebuyers
- Minimum credit score of 640 for government insured loans, 660 for manufactured homes and 680 for most conventional loans
- Qualifying income on mortgage application must be below $95,500
- Home price below $400,000
- Homebuyer education course required
- Must meet normal government or conventional loan underwriting requirements
For more information please contact the Nevada Housing Division at 702-486-7220 or visit their website at https://www.homeispossiblenv.org/.