Event - Government Benefits for Small Businesses
Come and learn how Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 helps provide incentives and tax benefits to business owners and/or employees, and contributes to the establishment of stronger, more sustainable communities.
This event is designed to educate attendees on the various incentives and benefits of Section 3.
An overview will be provided on:
- Incentives for business owners
- Incentives for employees
- Revenue opportunities for low- to moderate-income businesses
- Section 3 Opportunity Portal (and how to become self-certified and listed)
- What are Opportunity Zones and how do they benefit businesses and communities?
- The role of local government and municipalities
Who should attend?
- Business owners
- Low-income business owners
- Government contractors
- Awardees of government contracts
- Local governments and municipalities
Government Benefits for Small Businesses
February 28, 2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
8050 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89123
to RSVP today!
This event is completely free to the public and registration is required from the link provided above.
Section 3 is a provision of the HUD Act of 1968 that helps foster local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent feasible, provide job training, employment, and contracting opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
For additional information regarding Section 3, please contact Phyllis Hargrove at Phyllis.email@example.com