- To apply for a U.S. passport book or card, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen either by birth or naturalization.
- Applicants need to submit:
- An original or certified copy of proof of citizenship (i.e. Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate, etc. CA & TX Birth Abstracts not acceptable.)
- A copy of that citizenship
- A completed passport application
- Applicants must have a passport picture for every application, and show valid photo identification. Passport photo services are available in the office.
- Every child regardless of age traveling overseas must have a valid passport. The child MUST appear in-person. Both parents/guardians should appear with children under 16. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, complete a DS-3053.
- For security reasons, parental consent may be requested for children ages 16 or 17. If a child does not have identification of his/her own, a parent needs to accompany their child, present identification, and co-sign the application. The minor MUST appear in-person.
- You will need to appear in-person, if applying for a U.S. passport book for the first time; if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or if your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost or stolen.
For additional information regarding passport application services, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 702-267-1418
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For other passport and travel information please visit the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs at: www.travel.state.gov.