Contact Henderson

Get Adobe Reader
Adobe® Reader® is required to view PDF files.

Site Help

Common Questions
  • When are the meetings of the City Council held?
    Meetings of the City Council are held the first and third Tuesdays of every month, unless otherwise noticed. Special meetings are called by the City Council. The City Council Meeting Schedule can be viewed on-line.

  • What do I have to do to receive City Council agendas?
    To receive City Council agendas by e-mail, you may e-mail your request to the City Clerk's office at, listing name, address, and telephone number.

    To receive a mailed agenda, a request can be made by calling the City Clerk's office at (702) 267-1400 or Relay Nevada 7-1-1; by visiting the Clerk's office and filling out an Agenda Request Form; or by completing and submitting the On-line Agenda Request Form.

    Agendas for the City Council meetings are then automatically mailed to the requestor the Wednesday prior to the City Council meetings for a period of six months unless renewed.

  • Where do I go to pay my bill (i.e. water, accounts receivable, ambulance, animal license renewal, etc.)?
    We accept payments for the following: City of Henderson Utility bills (water and sewer), accounts receivable payments (ambulance, hydrant meters, etc.), Business Licenses and payments from other departments within the City (Building permits, Public Works, Planning, City Clerk's Office). Payments may be made to the cashier at City Hall, 240 Water St. You may mail in all payments  to P.O. Box 95011, Henderson, NV 89009-5011. View your bill and make a payment by credit or debit card using our secure online payment system.  You may also pay you bill by telephone 24 hours a day by dialing (702) 267-5900.

  • Where do I go to pay my Local Improvement District (LID) bill?
    In an effort to more efficiently provide Local Improvement District (LID) information and improve the efficiency of processing LID payments, future LID bills will be billed by Assessment Management Group (AMG), and your payments should be sent to:

    The City of Henderson
    P O Box 52767
    Phoenix AZ 85072-2767.

    You will be able to check the status of your LID and obtain a payoff amount by going to or by calling (702)796-0082.

  • There is something wrong with my water bill, can you help me (and if not, where do I go)?
    Any questions regarding your water or sewer bill need to be directed to the Department of Utility Services. They are located in City Hall or you may reach them by phone at (702) 267-5900.

  • Can I pay my other bills here (e.g. Nevada Power, Southwest Gas, Central or Sprint Telephone, Las Vegas Valley Water District)?
    We do not accept payment for other utility services such as Nevada Power, Southwest Gas, Central/Sprint Telephone, Prime Cable, Las Vegas Valley Water District or Silver State Disposal.

  • How can I check to see if a particular business has a valid City of Henderson Business License or how do I check the status of my own Business License?
    To search for a Business License by License Number, Business Name, Business Address, or Business Owner, visit our Business License Query pages.

  • How do I get more information on participating in City Housing Programs?
    If you are a resident of Henderson, contact our Neighborhood Services Housing Development Division to determine which one of the many varied affordable housing programs would best suit your needs. Or alternatively, if you are a contractor or developer of affordable housing, partnership opportunities may be available.

  • I am considering a business expansion or relocation to Nevada. What type of information is available so that I may evaluate Henderson as a location for consideration?
    The City of Henderson Economic Development Division works closely with businesses to bring together the resources needed to evaluate our community when considering relocation or expansion. Our role is to serve as a key member of the site location process and assist in a variety of ways. Assistance might include the introduction to community leaders and business contacts, identifying potential incentive programs, site/community tours, providing economic or demographic information, and setting meetings with regulatory agencies.

  • How do I sign up for water and sewer service?
    Contact the Customer Services Section at (702) 267-5900.
    Click here to download forms.

  • What do I have to do to get a business license?
    Business License Certificates are issued to new businesses that have satisfied specific requirements stipulated in the Henderson Municipal Code.   Existing businesses that are operating within the legal scope of their license, will also receive a certificate upon the timely remittance of the appropriate renewal fees.  Specific licensing requirements are discussed further in the General Licensing section and in every situation, questions about the business license application process should be presented to a Business License representative.

  • How do I get information about employment opportunities with the City of Henderson?
    Information about employment opportunities can be obtained within the City of Henderson Human Resources web pages .