Contact Henderson

Get Adobe Reader
Adobe® Reader® is required to view PDF files.

Public Works

Updated September 22, 2011

A right-of-way is a parcel of land that has a specific private owner, but some other party or the public at large has a legal right to traverse that land in some specified manner. Right-of-way likewise refers to the land subject to such a right. An easement is an example.  A transportation right-of-way is a strip of land granted for a rail line, highway, or other transportation facility, while a  public right-of-way is a right-of-way which permits the public to travel over it, such as a street, road, sidewalk, or footpath.

Changes to public rights-of-way/easements must be submitted to and processed by the City of Henderson.

The use of the following instructions and checklists will ensure each submittal is complete, meets the requirements of Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS), the Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) and the City of Henderson.

Instruction/Checklist Last updated
Dedicate Rights-of-Way/Easements September 22, 2011
Federal Land Permits May 3, 2010
Vacate/Abandon Public Right-of-Way/Easements February 14, 2011