How to Donate Property to the City
1. Completes the Property Management Application
2. Provides the following information:
· Written statement explaining what is being donated and why, and a general description of where the property is located
· Site plan of the property and surrounding properties
· If requested by the City, who at City requested it
· Current preliminary title report
3. Provide one copy of the deed showing current ownership and the current Assessor Parcel Number.
4. Provide one copy of the description and a corresponding graphic depiction incorporating the following and conforming to NAC 625.790 requirements for recording certain documents relating to real property.
· Area (square feet or acres)
· Description stamped and signed by Professional Land Surveyor
· Name and mailing address of the author of metes and bounds descriptions per NRS 111.312
· Spell out North, South, East, and West in the bearings
· Graphic depiction must reflect legal description (I.e., if a radial bearing is used in the description, show the radial bearing on the graphic depiction)
· Identify the legal description as Exhibit A and the graphic depiction as Exhibit B
· Conform to Clark County Recorder's requirements per NRS 247.110 required format for certain documents submitted for recording for paper type, color, margins, font, et cetera
5. Provide closure calculations
6. Provide Ownership Disclosure Form if owner is not a person (includes trusts, general and limited partnerships, corporations, homeowner's associations, limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures)
7. Submit the packet to Public Works Survey/Right-of-Way and Property Management
City of Henderson:
1. Request will be placed on next available Property Management committee agenda for consideration
2. Upon approval, Property Management reviews the preliminary title report, the legal description , and graphic depiction for accuracy.
3. Property Management prepares the granting document(s) and returns to applicant for signatures.
1. Signs in front of Notary
2. Returns the singed and notarized granting documents to Property Management
City of Henderson:
1. Property Management records the granting document with the Clark County Record
2. Property Management schedules the document for City Council acceptance
3. Files the original with the City Clerk’s office
4. Copies with copies provided to the applicant
For additional information, please contact Public Works Survey/Right-of-Way and Property Managment at (702) 267-1300.