This project is now complete.
The City of Henderson made roadway improvements on Racetrack Road from Boulder Highway to Athens Avenue as shown on the map:
- Pavement reconstruction/rehabilitation of Racetrack Road from Boulder Highway to Athens Avenue
- Construction of a vehicular bridge spanning the C-1 Channel on Newport Drive with roadway connection to Pueblo Boulevard
- Installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Racetrack Road and Blue Lantern Drive
- Reconfiguration of the intersection of Racetrack Road and Newport Drive from a four-way stop to a modern roundabout
- The improvements also include the upgrade of existing storm drain facilities, bike lanes, pavement markings, signage, upgraded curb ramps, paved multi-use path, street light upgrades, enhanced pedestrian amenities, installation of median islands, and the construction of concrete barrier rail protection adjacent to the C-1 – Racetrack Channel from Burkholder Boulevard north to the Drake Channel
Las Vegas Paving Corporation was the primary contractor. Construction began on January 11, 2016, and the project was complete in December 2017.
This project was funded by the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Southern Nevada Fuel Revenue Indexing.