The North Community Police Station is located at 225 E. Sunset Rd. serving the North
Patrol Division, the area roughly north of I-215, south of Russell Road, east of Pecos
Road and west of Pabco Road. The North Community Police Station is the first
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified city building in
the city of Henderson. The LEED Green Building Rating System is the nationally
accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high
performance, energy efficient buildings.
There are energy efficient improvements throughout the building. Some of
these improvements include:
- Rain water is diverted from parking lots through the landscaping and
filtered back into the underground aquifers to reduce run-off into the
- Native and adaptive plants are used in the landscaping along with high
efficiency drip heads. About 10 percent of the plants will be taken
completely off of irrigation once they are established.
- Solar panels installed on the covered parking roofs are anticipated to
generate about 12.5 percent of the station's electrical needs.
- Skylights were used throughout the facility to reduce the need for
- During construction, materials with high recycled content were used
throughout the building including carpets, countertops and steel.