Working for The Henderson Police Department
The Henderson Police Department is a nationally accredited agency dedicated to providing unparalleled service to the community we represent. We are one of the most technologically advanced agencies in the country. Our vision is to make Henderson the safest city in the country by providing premier police services through innovation and partnerships with our community.
The Henderson Police Department has 391 police officer positions, 81 correction officers and more than 151 civilian staff members. The Department is at an exciting crossroads in its history. If you have the commitment to help others and your community and want to have a career that makes a difference, now is your opportunity to join one of the finest police departments in the nation. This section of our website is devoted to providing you with all you'll need to know about becoming a police officer for the Henderson Police Department.
Minimum Qualifications for Police Officer and Corrections Officer
- U.S Citizen at least 21 years of age
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent 60 credits.
- Must have no convictions for offenses greater than a misdemeanor
- Must have no convictions for offenses of domestic violence
Police and Correction Officer Hiring
The City of Henderson is not currently accepting applications for Police Officer or Corrections Officer. Fill out a job interest card (click on Subscribe) to be notified when the next recruitment opens.
Salary & Benefits
- Police Officer $52,353-$94,016 Annually*
- Corrections Officer $51,084-$91,748 Annually*
- Bilingual Pay
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
*Pay based on current contract, subject to change.
- Paid Academy Training
- Assignment Pay
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Retirement
- Four 10-Hour Shifts
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differential Pay
- Uniform Allowance Paid by the City
- Paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Partial Tuition Reimbursement
Physical Agility Requirements
- Written Examination
- Oral Board
- Physical Fitness
- Psychological Exam
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Exam
- Medical Exam
- Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Written instructions for the Physical Agility Test
, or view the video
For more information about joining the Henderson Police Department, contact us at JoinHPD@cityofhenderson.com. The Henderson Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Henderson Police Department Recruiting Unit
223 Lead St. / P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009