The Community Relations Unit offers a variety of programs, services and
classes. If you would like to schedule a program with the
Henderson Police Department's Community Relations Unit, please
submit a request online.
Youth Related Programs/Services:
- D.R.E.A.M.S. - teaches 5th grade students to make positive choices.
- Every 15 Minutes - shows high school students the dangers of driving while
impaired and the importance of good decisions. (Note: You must have Windows PowerPoint or
Windows PowerPoint Viewer installed to view this file.)
- "Officer Friendly" Visits - teaches general safety and the dangers of strangers
and guns to Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
- PAL - Henderson Police Athletic League supports and inspires
Henderson youth to realize their full potential as productive members of
society by mentoring through athletics.
No More Bullying
- a class demonstrating anti-bullying techniques, as well as,
reinforcing the principles of kindness and mutual respect.
- Stranger Danger
- teaches tips to children regarding strangers and general safety.
- National Night Out - an annual event bringing the community together to
discuss the latest in crime prevention.
- Personal Safety and Security for Seniors - helps seniors learn how to
avoid becoming victims of crimes, as well as providing some practical methods
for increasing crime preventing awareness.
- Personal Safety and Security for Women -this class provides the
women of our community with safety tips and methods to avoid becoming a
victim of a crime.
Residential Related Programs/Services:
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - working with individual apartment complex managers to
address crime-related problems.
Click here to learn more and see our directory of certified participating apartment
- Neighborhood Watch - working with neighborhood groups to encourage individual
citizens awareness and involvement in crime prevention strategies.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design - crime prevention surveys in various
neighborhoods to reduce the likelihood of crime.
- Introduction to Neighborhood Watch - learn why and how to participate in the Henderson
Police Department's Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Neighborhood Watch Formation - once you have completed the requirements for the
Neighborhood Watch Program, we'll send an officer to speak to your group to help get things started.
- Home Security - for residents not active in our Neighborhood Watch Program, we'll
help you learn ways to help protect your home.
Take a look at our Home Security
presentation. Is your
house an easy target for burglars? Take our
Survey and see what security areas of your home need improvement.
Business Related Programs/Services:
- Summons Program - trains local business personnel in the issuing of misdemeanor
court summons for trespassers and shoplifters.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design - reduces crime for
commercial properties through the proper design and use of the built environment around the business.
- Alcohol Compliance Checks - monitors the compliance of
liquor-selling establishments to prevent the illegal sale of alcohol
beverages to minors.
- Preventing Theft/Shoplifting - tips on providing business friendly security
for your goods and services.
You can contact the the Community Relations Unit at (702) 267-5100.