Parks and Recreation
Lunch is served in the dining room 11am-1pm, Monday-Friday.
||Suggested donation of $2.50
|Ages 59 & under
||$5 per meal
Eligibility: Age 60 and above or underage spouse. You need not be a member of Heritage Park Senior Facility.
- Print and complete the congregate client registration form and drop it off at Heritage Park Senior Facility or send by mail to: City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department, Attn: Black Mountain Senior Nutrition, 240 Water St. P.O. Box 95050 MSC 411, Henderson, NV 89009-5050.
Congregate client registration form
Congregate client notice of privacy practices
- Sign in at the desk in the dining room. A donation box is available to receive donations.
- Receive a ticket.
- Be seated and your meal will be served. Tickets are an indication that you have signed in
and do not represent serving orders.
Meals on Wheels
Meals are delivered to individuals who live in Henderson at home who are homebound and age 60 and above. The program provides one hot meal each weekday, two frozen meals delivered for the weekend, and two quarts of milk each week.
Homebound meals referral form
- Henderson resident
- Age 60 and above
- Have a physical condition that prohibits the preparation of meals and attendance at a congregate meal site
- Contact Wellness Services by phone at (702) 267-2956 or by fax at (702) 267-2951 to complete a homebound meals referral form.
- Wellness Center staff will contact the applicant to arrange a home visit.
- During the home visit, staff will assess the applicant for eligibility.
- Staff will provide other referrals as needed by the client.
- One hot meal each day Monday through Friday.
- Two frozen meals delivered for weekend meals.
- Milk is available for the meals.
USDA Commodity Food Program
The USDA commodity food program assists low income seniors with food. It provides groceries that may include items such as beans, cheese, pasta or rice, canned fruit and vegetables, dry or evaporated milk, peanut butter, cereals, juices, and tuna or canned meat.
Call Wellness Services at (702) 267-2956 for an application and eligibility requirements.
The following paperwork is required to complete the application:
- Picture ID – Nevada driver’s license or ID
- Proof of residence (copy of utility, electric or gas bill)
- Proof of income, such as a copy of a Social Security award letter or a copy of a recent bank statement
Senior Farmers’ Market Program
USDA Farmers’ Market coupons may be available each spring to assist low income seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables. Must be able to prove Nevada residency with a state issued ID. Call (702) 267-2956 for eligibility and information.