Parks and Recreation
804 Paseo Verde Pkwy.
(at W. Horizon Ridge Parkway)
Trailhead access: 5:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. for lighted trails, dawn to dusk for unlit trails
Trailhead amenities: 6:00 a.m.-midnight
- 5 acres
- Bocce courts
- Covered picnic shelters
- Disc golf
- Open grass area
- Picnic tables
- No long throws.
- Be aware of your surroundings and environment. Never throw when players or park users are within range. Give park users the right of way.
- Permanent water hazards, public roads, and private residences are out of bounds.
- Do not alter the course (trees, shrubs, etc.) in any way.
- Caution: High winds could result in disc landing in private property.
- Please do not go on to private property (including backyards) to retrieve discs. HMC 8.99.030
How to Play
- Each hole starts with a tee-off, followed by subsequent throws until players reach the basket.
- Scoring is the same as ball golf. A stroke is counted each time the disc is thrown and when a penalty is imposed.
- Strokes are totaled to arrive at the game score. If completing in groups, the players with the fewest strokes wins.
- Tee throws must be completed within the designated tee area.
- The lie is the spot where a player’s previous throw has landed. Mark lie with a mini disc or turn over the thrown disc, directly towards the hole or designated fairway. The player’s subsequent throw is made from directly behind the marked lie.
- The player with the least amount of strokes on the previous hole is the first to tee off on the next hole. After teeing off, the player whose disc is farthest from the hole always throws first.
- Fairway throws must be made from directly behind the lie. A run-up and normal follow-through, after release, is allowed, unless the lie is within 10 meters of the target. Any shot within 10 meters requires the player must not move past the lie until the disc is at rest.
- A dogleg is one or more designated trees or poles in the fairway that must be passed as indicated by arrows. Until the dogleg is passed the closest foot to the dogleg must be on the lie when the disc is released.
- Completion of the hole is achieved when the disc comes to a rest in the designated basket.
- Any disc that comes to rest above the ground is considered an unplayable lie. The disc must be thrown from the lie on the ground, directly underneath the unplayable lie, relocated to avoid damage to vegetation.
- If any area of “Out of Bounds” is visible between the disc and the out-of-bounds line, then the disc is considered out of bounds. A throw that lands out of bounds must be played from a point three (3’) feet in bounds from where the disc went out of bounds.
- Remain quiet and avoid unnecessary movements while others are throwing.
- Stand behind the player who is throwing until the throw is complete.
- Remove the disc from the basket after completing the hole.
Please visit our full 9-hole course at Arroyo Grande Sports Complex, 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd.