Community Development Block Grant
- Administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- A program under which federal dollars are distributed to local
jurisdictions to support commercial, industrial, infrastructure, and housing
Community Housing Development
- Designated by the local participating jurisdiction (city, county,
state) to receive a set-aside of HOME program funds.
- Participating jurisdiction awards 15% of its annual HOME allocation to CHDO's.
- CHDO can own, develop, or sponsor HOME-financed housing
HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
Low-Income Trust Fund (LIHTF)
- The Federal Housing Block grant program allows states and local governments
the flexibility to fund a wide range of low income housing activities.
- Expands and improves the supply of rental housing through new construction
and rehabilitation of multifamily projects.
- Used to benefit individuals and families whose income does not exceed 60%
of the area median income.