Henderson Municipal Court, Nevada
City of Henderson Municipal Court
Judge Douglas W. Hedger
ABC Court Brochure
It is the mission of the ABC Court, within the parameters of the law, to be
creative and innovative to design and implement treatment and/or programs that
will address the habitual misdemeanor offender in an attempt to terminate
recidivism by addressing substance abuse issues, mental health treatment, and
life skills training.
- ABC Court combines alcohol and other drug treatment services with the
- The prosecution and defense counsel work together to promote public safety
while protecting participants' due process.
- Eligible participants are identified early and may volunteer to
participate in the ABC Court program.
- Abstinence is monitored by frequent alcohol and other drug testing.
- ABC Court uses a team strategy to monitor participants' compliance.
- Ongoing judicial interaction with each ABC Court participant is essential.
- Program effectiveness is measured by ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Continuing interdisciplinary education promotes effective ABC Court
planning, implementation, and operations.
- Building partnerships among ABC Court, public agencies, and
community-based organizations creates local support and improves ABC Court's
18 years or older
One to two-year commitment to the program
Habitual Offenders with multiple cases in
May have multiple felony convictions
May have unstable living environment
Must have a history of substance related charges
Unemployed or under employed
No arson or sex offenders
Transitional Living Community (TLC)
Henderson Police Department
The City of Henderson Deputy City Attorney's
The City of Henderson Public Defender's Office
Community Treatment Providers and Community
The City of Henderson Court Programs
Henderson Chamber of Commerce
Touro University Nevada