The City of Henderson has a variety of dog parks where dogs can run free and socialize. We are in the process of planning several more permanent dog parks throughout the city.
Visit our dog parks at:
- Acacia Park
- Amador Vista Park
- Arroyo Grande Sports Complex and Pittman Wash Trail
- Aventura Park
- Bark Park at Heritage Park
- Boulder Creek Park
- Cactus Wren Park
- Capriola Park
- Dos Escuelas Park
- Equestrian Park South
- Esselmont Park
- Hidden Falls Park
- Horizon Crest Park
- Paseo Vista Park
- Reunion Trails Park
- Weston Hills Park
Pets in the people parks
Pets are allowed in the parks, but their humans are responsible for following all rules.
Dog park rules
- Park hours are 7am to dusk without lights and 7am to 10pm with lights.
- Canine and human visitors enter at their own risk.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injury or loss caused by their dogs.
- City of Henderson is not responsible for injuries to visiting dogs, their owners and others using the park.
- Dogs must be under voice command and control and must be accompanied by a human at all times.
- Dogs must have proof of license and immunization per HMC 7.04.010.
- Leash dogs when outside of the off-leash area per HMC 7.08.020.
- Obey all signs and stay in designated areas only.
- Dogs that are aggressive are not allowed in the park.
- All dogs must be sterilized unless a permit is obtained by Animal Control per HMC 7.10.010. Dogs in heat and puppies under the age of 4 months are prohibited.
- Don’t let dogs dig holes. Fill any holes mistakenly dug.
- No food or treats are allowed in the park area.
- Dogs are not allowed on splash pad features.
- Owners may bring a maximum of three dogs to the park at a time.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 12.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed in the fenced-in, off-leash area.
- Respect visitors both human and canine by keeping your pet from jumping on or interfering with other people and their pets.
- The dog owner/custodian of the pet must clean up after their pet. Each violation is subject to fines up to $1,000 (HMC 2.227.030 K) for each occurrence. For information, call Animal Control at 702-267-4970.
- Violators to park rules are subject to removal from the park and possible legal action. HMC 2.27.030.
- The splash pad at the Bark Park is for dogs only (NO humans) and is available daily 7am to 6pm, May 1 through Sept. 30.