"Grand Opening" signs are allowed for the first 90 days of the initial business license. After the first 90 days, temporary sales or promotional signs require a Temporary Sales/Promotional Sign Permit. Only Banners and A-Frame signs are allowed. For more information, reference the Temporary Promotional Sign standards (Development Code 19.8.9).
Temporary Promotional sign guideline Highlights:
- Allowed once every 90 days; for up to 14 days
- Shall not be attached to public utility poles, site visibility zones or landscape area
- Banners shall not exceed 36 square feet and must be located on the building of the advertising business
- A-frame signs shall not exceed 9 square feet
Prohibited Temporary signs include:
- Inflatable signs
- Tether balloons
- Roof mounted signs
- Paint-on wall signs
- Feather signs
Paint-on Window signs
- May cover up to 25% of each window
- No permit is required
For more information, contact Community Development at (702) 267-1500, Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm.