The City of Henderson declares that the operation of responsible representative government requires that the fullest opportunity be afforded to the people to petition their local government for the redress of grievances and to express freely to individual members of the City Council their opinions on legislation. The City Council also declares that, in order to prevent corruption and/or the appearance of corruption, spawned by real or reasonably imagined coercive influence of lobbyists, contacts by lobbyists with members of the City Council, Planning Commission and City staff should be made a matter of public record.
Therefore, pursuant to City of Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 2.100 – Registration and Regulation of Lobbyists, lobbyists are required to register annually with the City Clerk. In addition, lobbyist are required to disclose all communication with City Council, Planning Commission and City staff. Please see the highlighted column to the right, for the applicable forms and associated instructions.
General Definition of a Lobbyist
- You appear before members of the City Council, Planning Commission, and/or City staff at City Hall or any other location an appointment to meet has been set; and
- You represent an individual, group, or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit; and
- You receive a salary from an employer or compensation from that individual, group, or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit.
For the complete definition, please review City Ordinance No. 3057.
- The City Clerk will issue an identification badge to each lobbyist upon filing a registration form.
- The identification badge must be worn while engaging in lobbying.