April 12, 2018 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Henderson Events Plaza
200 S. Water Street
Please join the Community Coalition for Victims' Rights at the upcoming resource fair honoring National Crime Victims' Rights Week. This will be a great opportunity to learn about programs available in your community and take home free goodies! Check out the LVMPD Facebook page for more upcoming events.
As Victim Advocates, we realize anyone can be a victim of crime and we are here to assist throughout the prosecution process. If a misdemeanor crime has been committed against you in the City of Henderson, advocates are here to:
- Notify you of upcoming court dates
- Assist with requests for No Contact Orders
- Explain court proceedings
- Accompany you to court
- Connect you with various resources that may be of help to you
Contact the Victim Advocate Unit at
Brief Overview of the Court Process
• Defendant is informed of the charges
• Enters a plea of Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest
A guilty or no contest plea may result in immediate sentencing
• Victims and witnesses are subpoenaed to testify
• City Attorney typically offers a negotiation
Defendant accepts the negotiation and is sentenced; or
Defendant rejects the negotiation and proceeds with the trial
• Judge finds the defendant Guilty or Not Guilty
• The sentence is determined by the Judge
• The victim may be allowed to address the Judge to make a Victim Impact Statement
Q: How can I drop the charges?
A: You cannot drop the charges in a criminal case.
Q: How can I get a protection order?
A: Call 702-455-3400 for information or go to Family Court located at 601 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, NV
A: For orders against stalking or harassment, call 702-455-7951 (Henderson) or 702-671-4528 (Las Vegas)
Q: I’ve been subpoenaed to testify, but I don’t want to testify. What happens if I don’t show up to court?
A: The judge may find you in contempt of court and may issue a warrant for your arrest.
Report non-emergency violations of No Contact Orders to the Special Programs and Services Bureau at
Contact the Clark County District Attorney’s Office Victim/Witness Assistance Center regarding felonies or gross misdemeanors at 702-671-2525.
If you are in fear for your safety, please do not hesitate to call 9-1-1